Terms & Conditions
All Broomwagoncycletours Ltd tours are subject to the following terms and conditions. By completing your booking form and paying your deposit you are confirming that you have read and understood these conditions and accept that they form a contractual agreement between yourself and Broomwagoncycletours Ltd. Please ensure you read them carefully, we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
1. When You Book
1.1 A Broomwagoncycletours Ltd booking form must be completed in full and at the time of Booking.
1.2 If the booking is being made by a lead member on behalf of a party then that person accepts these terms and conditions on behalf of everyone in the group. The lead party member takes responsibility for the accuracy of all the information provided to Broomwagoncycletours Ltd in regards to themselves and their party. The lead party member is also responsible for ensuring that all members of his/her party have read and agree to these terms and conditions and are kept fully informed of all the information provided to them by Broomwagoncycletours Ltd.
1.3 The contract between you and Broomwagoncycletours Ltd will come into effect on receipt of your booking online or by telephone. At this point the rights and obligations on this contract are binding to you, all members of your party and Broomwagoncycletours Ltd.
1.4 Your booking cannot be transferred or sold to another person without prior written or email consent from Broomwagoncycletours Ltd. If you need to amend your booking then we will do our best to accommodate any changes, however we reserve the right to charge a £25 per change per booking for administration costs.
1.5 Prices advertised are accurate at the time of publication. Broomwagoncycletours Ltd reserve the right to change package prices at any time. The price of your holiday does not include tourism tax that is payable to the hotel during your stay. The current cost of this is 1.50 Euros per day (Correct at the time of publishing but could be subject to change)
1.6 If payment in full is not made at the due date then Broomwagoncycletours Ltd reserves the right to cancel your booking and apply cancellation administration charges.
2.1 Should you or any of your party wish to cancel your booking then notice in writing or via email must be given to Broomwagoncycletours Ltd from the lead party member. The fees for cancellation are as follows:
Over 60 days prior to your departure date- You will lose your deposit. 60 to15 days prior to departure–7 5% of the total holiday cost.
14 days to departure and including no-show – 100% of the holiday cost.
2.2 Broomwagoncycletours Ltd reserve the right to cancel any tour if our minimum numbers for the holiday have not been met. In the unusual event of this happening Broomwagoncycletours Ltd will advise you no later than 14 days prior to departure and you will be entitled to a full refund of any payments made to us. No further claims for compensation will be accepted.
2.3 Broomwagoncycletours Ltd will reserve the right to cancel and will not be held responsible for cancellations due to war, threat of war, natural disasters, terrorist activity, closure of airports or severe and adverse weather conditions.
3.1 It is compulsory for every person travelling on a Broomwagoncycletours Ltd holiday to have a current and suitable holiday insurance policy in place before departure. The Policy must cover road cycling as an activity, medical expenses, loss of earnings and cost of care. Most standard travel insurance policies cover road cycling as standard but it is your responsibility to check.
3.2 You must provide Broomwagoncycletours Ltd with proof of a valid travel insurance policy no less than 7 working days prior to your trip. Failure to present proof of insurance on arrival will result in you not being able to take part in our tours. We advise all our customers to apply for a European Health Insurance Card (ECHIC) They are free of charge and you can apply online.
4. Liability and responsibility
4.1 Broomwagoncycletours Ltd and any employee or ride leader is not liable or responsible for any death, illness, injury, or accident involving you whilst you are on holiday. You engage in the sport of cycling entirely at your own risk. Rides are on public roads and Broomwagoncycletours Ltd cannot be held responsible for the actions of other road users and cyclist. The wearing of a helmet is compulsory on all rides.
4.2 Broomwagoncycletours Ltd is not liable or responsible for any loss, theft or damage to property, equipment or belongings at any time during your holiday.
4.3 Broomwagoncycletours Ltd is not liable for any death, illness, injury or accident caused by a defect or mechanical problem on any hire cycle.
4.4 If you hire a cycle for use on your holiday with us it will be delivered to you in a roadworthy condition and will be fit for purpose. It is your responsibility during the period of the cycle hire to maintain the cycle and ensure it is kept safe. Any loss or damage to the hire cycle remains your responsibility and not that of Broomwagoncycletours Ltd. Any additional costs due to loss or damage will be charged to you. Any problems with the equipment should be reported to a member of Broomwagoncycletours Ltd staff immediately. In the unlikely event of a break down we will endeavour to repair the cycle and arrange a replacement if necessary.
4.5 FORCE MAJEURE
Broomwagoncycletours Ltd shall have no liability or pay any compensation whatsoever in respect of any delay or failure in delivery of any of its stated activities or of any of its other obligations due directly or indirectly to any cause whatsoever outside its reasonable control including but not limited to act of God, war, invasion, rebellion, riot, civil commotion, disorder, malicious damage, fire, flood, epidemic, quarantine restriction, strikes or other industrial disputes, unusually severe weather or energy supplies.
4.6 LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Broomwagoncycletours Ltd limits its liability to the maximum extent permitted by law as follows;
- It shall have no liability for any loss or damage suffered by the customer or any other person.
- As a consequence of any defect in any product caused by abnormal conditions of storage, treatment or handling or any negligence or wrongful act on the part of the customer or its employees or agents.
- Any failure to perform any part of its obligations in these terms and conditions caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
5.1 On arrival please take the time to read the accommodations terms and conditions. As a guest with Broomwagoncycletours Ltd you agree to these terms and conditions and will abide by them.
5.2 Broomwagoncycletours Ltd reserve the right to charge you for any additional costs incurred by you from the hotel. Guests will be asked to provide a payment card to the hotel to ensure any services charged to the room will be paid for. Any additional services provided by the hotel will be charged to the customer and is not the responsibility of Broomwagoncycletours Ltd. We reserve the right to charge you for any damages, extra cleaning or missing items.
5.3 Information regarding your accommodation is correct at the time of publishing. Broomwagoncycletours Ltd is not responsible for any changes in facilities or services provided by the hotel.
6.1 Any photographs, video or images of guests taken during the trip may be published and used by Broomwagoncycletours Ltd free of charge for promotional and marketing purposes. If you do not wish for us to use images you must inform a member of the Broomwagoncycletours Ltd team at the start of your trip.
6.2 Your personal details will be stored securely on our computers. We will not share your details with any third party except as required by law enforcement or legal regulations.
6.3 If you or a member of your party suffer or are suffering from any sort of illness immediately prior or during the trip you must inform a member of the Broomwagoncycletours Ltd team.You have been advised by us that you need to be sufficiently fit to take part in the activities provided by us. All guests will complete a physical activities questionnaire prior to travelling.
7. Customer Obligations
- When using our transport services or participating on one of our tours or when you hire our bicycles you must comply with these terms and conditions and all applicable laws.
- In addition to clause 1.1 when participating on one of our tours or when you hire our bicycles you must:
- act considerately, responsibly and sensibly at all times;
- check that the bicycle you are using (including, without limitation, the tyres, brakes, saddle and bell) is road worthy;
- follow any safety warnings or instructions displayed or given to you by a member of our staff so as not to hurt or injure yourself or others;
- wear a safety helmet at all times;
- abide by the Highway Code and all road and traffic safety laws and regulations that apply in each country (including, without limitation, observing all traffic signs and signals);
- arrive at the location and time specified by us or you will lose the right to take part in the relevant tour;
- maintain and take reasonable care of the bicycle you are using;
- stop using a bicycle which is damaged or has a defect or which is not road worthy and notify a member of our staff immediately;
- where a bicycle hired by you from us has been stolen forcibly or as a result of being left unattended by you, report the incident to the Police in the first instance and then contact us immediately.
- You must not do any of the followings when you participate on our tours or when you hire our bicycles:
- carry other persons or animals including children on the bicycles;
- transport flammable, explosive, toxic or dangerous materials or substances on the bicycles;
- use the tour or the hire of our bicycles to participate in bicycle races or bicycle test events without the prior, written consent of Broomwagon Cycle Tours Ltd;
- cycle in strong wind or stormy weather;
- cycle under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- cycle ‘hands-free’;
- cycle with a total weight of more than 130 kilograms.
- In addition to clause 1.3 when hiring our bicycles you must not:
- leave our bicycle unattended;
- sell, rent or dispose of our bicycle or any of its parts to third parties;
- give anyone any legal rights over our bicycles;
- use our bicycle to provide or operate a courier service or other business;
- make any modifications or alterations to our bicycles.
- Broomwagon Cycle Tours Ltd are not qualified to express an opinion that you are fit to safely participate on our tours or to ride our bicycles. You must obtain professional or specialist advice from your doctor (which cannot be you or a member of your immediate family) before participating on our tours or using our bicycles.
- You must not participate on our tours or hire our bicycles if you are suffering from any serious medical condition, or have recently undergone surgery unless you have a certificate of your fitness from your doctor (which cannot be you or a member of your immediate family).
- You must not participate on our tours or hire our bicycles if you are pregnant or under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
8. Exclusion of Liability
- Non-compliance of these terms and conditions. If at any time you do not comply with these terms and conditions and/or any applicable laws or fail to have due regard to the safety tips or instructions given by a member of our staff, we reserve the right to exclude or suspend you from participating on our tours, hiring our bicycles or our transportation service.
- Disclaimer for personal injury or death. You are responsible for using the bicycle that you are using safely, including following any safety instructions and as directed by us and as set in our terms and conditions. Our tours take place on public roads and as a result Broomwagon Cycle Tours Ltd cannot be held responsible for the actions of other road users and cyclist, the same applies to the hire of our bicycles. In the absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by us, participation on our tours and the use of our bicycles are entirely at your own risk.
- Disclaimer for loss or damage to property. We are not responsible for any theft, damage, destruction or loss of your property or belongings whilst you are:
- participating on any of our tours; or
- hiring our bicycles; or
- using our transportation service, unless such loss or damage is caused by us whilst you are using our transportation services.
4. We are not liable for business losses. The supply our tours, the hire of our bicycles and our transportation services are not for business users. If you use our services for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.5. Exclusion of non-foreseeable loss. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by us or our employees or agents in circumstances where:
- there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to you by us or by any of our employees or agents;
- such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach; and
- any increase in loss or damage resulting from breach by you of any of these term and conditions.
6.We are not responsible for delays or cancellation for events outside our control. If our supply of our service is delayed or cancelled because of an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know. We will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay where possible and provided we contact you we will not be liable for delays caused by the event. If there is a risk of substantial delay or if the services are cancelled due to the event you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for the service you have paid for but not received. We will not be liable to you for any additional losses you suffer as a consequent of an event outside our control for example accommodation, transport, additional activities not booked through us. 7. Brexit Implications: Please note that our services, in particular our tours may be affected as a result of the United Kingdom’s decision to leave the European Union. This could include an unavailability of certain flight routes, access to certain ports and airports and changes to the visa requirements of British citizens travelling to, within or through the EU. Please rest assured that this is something we will continue to monitor and will advise our customers as soon as possible if we become aware of any confirmed tour bookings that may be affected. However, since this is something which is completely unprecedented and outside our control, we would treat any such changes as an event outside our control, and whilst we will endeavour to provide suitable alternative arrangements for our tour or issue you with a refund where possible, we will not be liable to pay you any compensation. 8.You are responsible to damage caused to our bicycles when hiring from us: You are responsible for any loss or damage to our bicycles when you hire a bicycle from us except if such loss or damage is
- caused by us or our employees; or
- due to a manufacturing design or design fault.
9. Transportation service and onward travel. If we fail for any reason within our control to deliver you to your chosen destination whilst you are using our transportation service. Any re-imbursement made by Broomwagon Cycle Tours Ltd of the costs of alternative means of transport incurred by you shall be no more than the cost of getting to that destination by taxi.